Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Does my boyfriend count as a friend? No? Well, in that case, I have none

Once again, I like making fun of myself. Funny story: today in poetry my professor was demanding that we go to this reading tonight. As were were packing up our stuff, he gave me a flyer and said "here, invite all your friends."

"Do you mean FRIEND?" I replied. I was laughing at myself and laughing at the fact that out of the entire six people in attendance today, he chose me to present with this task.

"You only have one friend?" he said.

"Uh, yeah...."

At this point the remaining people in the class were laughing. I have been making people laugh a lot more lately, especially in my classes. Have I become somewhat of a class clown? Is that what I have resorted to?

He handed me the flyer anyway and said "then, bring your friend tonight. We need all the people we can get to come."

I walked out with my two acquaintances for the class - I would call them friends, but then I have to ask myself what consists of a friend? I have never hung out with these people outside of class, we don't hold conversations other than the ones right before and right after class. Yes, I would call them friends, but I think the more appropriate term is acquaintance.



Yesterday, I had a very lovely time at a banquet. I realized, however, that I'm not very good at eating while taking part in a conversation - eating, for me is a priority, you know. I absolutely love to eat and am absolutely surprised that I do not weigh 200 pounds!

I probably should have made more of an effort to speak, but I can only call myself a woman of few words. The good thing about that philosophy is that usually in settings like that, when I speak, people listen.

Le sigh. I'm sooooo swamped with school work for the next three weeks. AND I have a group project which is going surprisingly well. My group members and I have become really comfortable around each other and are having fun with the project.

I guess that's all for now. I'll work hard tomorrow to be more social - if not that, then at least to write a more compelling blog post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment